The sport of randonnée, also known as ski touring, allows a skier to access ski terrain in the backcountry by hiking with special bindings and skins to access fresh untracked slopes and mountain summits. Randonnée skiing started in the European Alps and dates back to the late 1800’s.
The extensive mountain terrain of the Dolomites lends itself to some of the best ski touring on the planet. Generally better weather than the Alps, convenient access, an outstanding hut system and absence of crevassed glaciers makes the Dolomites the ideal ski tour destination.
Due to the extensive lift system, known as the Dolomiti Superski which is the largest in the world (1200 km & 450 lifts), it is possible to have lift access to some amazing backcountry terrain. For example, one can ski entirely around the Sella Massive via the famous Sella Ronda, a full day’s excursion on skis.
One can choose to base out of one of the many quaint villages for magnificent daily ski tours to return to the comforts of a cozy hotel. Or you may also consider a multi-day “haute route” hut-to-hut ski traverse bunking in refugios (mountain huts) along the way, serving delicious meals and accommodations or a combo of both.
What we offer:
- IFMGA Certified Ski Guide & Second Guide
- Custom Designed Tour Itineraries
- Choice of Hotel Base and Daily Ski Tour
- Hut-to-Hut Haute Route Tour Option
- Combo Daily and some Hut Overnights
- Flexibility to Intersperse with Lift Access Piste Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing Option
- Awesome South Tyrolean Cuisine